Here I am very glad to share this guide with more friends who like to convert MKV (Matroska Video) to AVI format with MKV to AVI Converter. This guide is only for Windows PC users, and the guide is very easy to be understanded.
MKV definition: MKV stands for Matroska video, Matroska is the extensible open standard Audio/Video container, format MKV (Matroska Video) is an entirely free video format. More exactly it is about a container making it possible to contain video (DivX, Xvid, RV9, etc), sound (MP3, MP2, AC3, Ogg, AAC, SDR, PCM), as well as subtitles (SRT, ASS, SSA, USF, etc) in the same file.
Before I share this guide, I'd like to give an introduction of MKV to AVI Converter:
MKV to AVI Converter is an MKV converter, MKV splitter and MKV editor which can convert MKV to AVI file, convert MKV to DivX, and convert MKV to xvid. It changes the frame size, frame rate, video compression codec and audio compression codec.
The main features include:
* Encode AVI with DIVX, XVID, Windows Media Audio and Video Codec, DV Video Encoder, etc.
* Split MKV file into smaller pieces.
* Change the frame size, and adjust the video aspect ratio.
* Open compression system for video and audio.
* Convert other video formats to avi file also, such as: MPEG, MPG, ASF, WMV, VCD, SVCD, DAT OGM and more...
OK, now below is the guide of how to convert MKV to AVI format step-by-step:
1. Please install DirectX 9.0 or higher and the latest Matroska codec pack for the mkv splitter filter.
2. Run MKV to AVI Converter after you have installed all codecs properly.
3. Click "Open Video" button from the main interface, and navigate through your harddrive or directory to load a Matroska Video that you wish convert.
4. please click "Options" button, Then click "Browse" button from the "output options" interface to select a directory that you wish to store in your pc. As you know, here you can also set Resolution, Frame rate, Resize mode, Video Compressor and Aduio compressor in their properties dialogs.
5. Click "Convert" button to start the conversion process.
Note: To convert part of your Matroska Video to avi, your can use two ways to select a clip that you want to convert: (a) please directly lug the slide bar, (b) click the "Play" button to preview your mkv video, Fill in "Start Time" and "End Time".
Please quote the original source in the form of including a link back to if you are going to use this article. Copyright ? 2003-2007, All Rights Reserved.